Your business website is what defines the online presence for your business. In today’s internet age where nearly everything is done on the internet, having a good business website that reflects your brand and what you stand for is absolutely essential. A website re-design can revitalize your business – however it can take up a lot of resources, time and money.
With the rate at which technology advances, generally a well designed and developed website will have a lifespan of about 3 to 5 years, but this can really depend on the state of the website. Deciding on whether your website needs a re-design should not be limited to just the latest design trends and what your website is lacking, but more on whether or not people still engage with it.
Discussed below are some signs that your website needs a fresh re-design:
- The content is out of date
- Some parts of the site don’t work
- Your brand message has changed since the website was launched
- Your website doesn’t have social media integration
- The overall design is out-dated
- Your website is not mobile friendly
- The traffic to your website has reduced
- Your search ranking has been going down