You may be making use of the holidays to unwind and relax somewhere with your family, enjoying the free time. Why not make use of a little free time to think about and plan out next year’s online strategy for your business. As business leaders throughout the year you tend to postpone tasks such as revamping your business website and online marketing strategies for later. Although these may be seemingly unimportant tasks at the time they can in fact significantly impact your business, postponing your online strategy can result in missed opportunities and your business lagging behind the competition. Using the holiday to plan how you want to proceed with improving your business presence on the internet is a great way to be ready for the New Year. Below are some things to consider and questions to ask when planning your online business strategy:
- What is the state of my current internet presence? – The first thing to consider is the state of your current business presence online, you need to know what value a good online presence holds for your business and how it can generate better profits for you. Don’t think about just the short-term benefits of lead generation but also the long-term benefits of establishing good brand recognition. The internet is after all a window of opportunity to the world if used right.
- How old is my existing website and is it good enough? – This is the next step, look at your current website and compare it to what the competitors have. If your website is very old and hasn’t been revamped in a while then it might be a good idea to update the design, start making use of modern web design elements that are more attractive. Think of features you can incorporate into your website that will help you stay ahead of the competition.
- Can new features on my website create new business? – Ask yourself what new features you can add to your website, is there a possibility of starting online sales perhaps? Adding new features to your website like an e-commerce store or blog can create new ways to make money through better business opportunities and exposure.
- Is my website mobile friendly? – More and more people are browsing the internet on their mobile devices and are starting to look for and make purchases directly on their phones or tablets while on the move. This means a mobile friendly website is a key feature that is a must with any website today, even the very basic ones. If your website doesn’t work well on mobiles then it’s time to seriously consider upgrading to a mobile friendly version – this will without a doubt have an impact on online sales and leads.
- What is my marketing plan? – Having a good website is vital but marketing it as well can be equally important. With the existence of social media like facebook and twitter as well as paid advertising options through Google and Facebook’s Ad server, marketing your business online has never been easier. Create social media accounts for your business and start interacting with your customers, help resolve issues and answer questions, this can create trust between you and your customers. Use social media to push content from your website so as to attract more web traffic and get better exposure. During the launch of the website pay-per click advertising targeting keywords is a great way to generate initial traffic that is genuine and can result in sales.
- Can my website be found? – The other thing to consider if you have an existing website or even building a new one is Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is the process of updating both the structure and content of your website so it gets better rankings with major search engines such as Google. Make sure your websites have been optimized for the search engine crawlers because the first place people usually turn to when looking for something on the internet is Google.