In recent years when discussing online marketing, social media has been a primary point of focus because of its increasing presence and strong influence on the internet. Social media has had a major impact on online marketing strategies – with an ever increasing list of users these social networks have become ideal places to share your information as well as creating the opportunity to carefully select your marketing audiences based on their interests, geography and other useful information.
The fact that social media allows people to interact with others, share and create content through online communities paves the way to a variety of marketing opportunities for businesses of all sizes. Social media can have a positive impact on your business as well as provide many advantages such as:
- Creating brand recognition
- Moulding a company’s reputation in the market place and generating more business exposure
- A broad reach: can connect with millions of people around the world
- Free or low-cost: most forms of social media are free for businesses and paid features are generally low-cost.
- Personal: Social media allows a business to communicate on a personal level with customers or groups
- Information can be quickly distributed to many people
- Can be used to gather intelligence about the market and customers
- Creating ‘buzz’ or ‘hype’ about products or a service
- Helps with search engine optimization