It’s been a crazy year for social media, facebook, and google have been releasing a slew of algorithm changes. Instragm has passed the one-billion user mark and with it released a new set of business tools and features. This has left many businesses feeling like they are constantly playing catchup with the latest changes. Where do you go from here ?
In this article we are going to give you all you need to know about how to create a winning social media strategy that will help you engage your audience and boost your results despite inevitable algorithm changes and developments in the industry.
We break this down into 7 easy sections. This blog will deal with the planning stage of your social strategy.
- Setting goals
- What to Measure
- Learn from the Competition
- Making Great Content
- Rising above the algorithm
1. Keep your goals clear and achievable
It’s great to set the bar high when thinking about goals but if you really want to get results you have to think what is realistically achievable. Remember social media is a marathon, it rewards continued engagement over time. By setting small realistic goals you will be able to fast track your growth in a way that is realistic and affordable.
If you are not sure what these goals look like here are a couple of ideas that you can you use to build a successful social media strategy.
What are the best doing
If you are new to social media, find the leaders in your industry. You can find inspiration from accounts that you enjoy, find out what these people are doing and implement these lessons and ideas into your own social media strategy.
Refine your Keywords
Familiarise yourself with specific hashtags, searches and keywords that your audience uses. Understanding these will help you reach your people faster.
Entice people to visit your store
Create content that promotes people to come visit your actual store. Think about what people want to see, does it look like an exciting or interesting place to visit or are they any great deals that are too good to miss.
Manage your account better
Social media can be a time consuming process, create a strategy to better manage how your create content. Is there anything you can automate, how much labour needs to go into each post, what budget are you working with?
User Generated Content
The real benefits of social media is its ability to create connections between people. You don’t need a million followers, you can create an engaged audience through competitions, commenting and giveaways.
2. Know Your People
To succeed in marketing it is important to avoid making assumptions. This leads to wasted investments and wasted time. Fortunately we have a whole suite of analytics tools available to us to help understand our audience.
Understanding your audience will allow you to tailor your content and efforts towards their wants and needs. Looking at demographic data will help you determine an effective strategy for the platform that best fits your business.
Here are some tips we gathered from this data.
- Youtube and Facebook are great places to start placing ads due to the high user earnings and a wide variety of user base demographics
- Instagram’s primary user base is under 30 making it a great place to take advantage of youth trends.
- Platforms like tumblr and Pinterest are dominated by women. Note that Pinterest has the highest order value on average for social shoppers online.
- LinkedIn’s users are well-educated, making it a hub for in-depth, industry-specific content making it a great place to promote services.
3. Establish your most important metrics
Data is king in the marketing world and it is a critical aspect of your social media strategy. Picking the right metrics will ensure that you know what is working and what is not. Metrics such as “likes” are nice to have but do they really help you understand what is working. Here are some useful metrics to help you nail a successful strategy.
- Reach – This is the amount of unique users who saw your post. Who is it actually reaching, how can you boost it ?
- Engagement – The total number of social interactions divided by the number of impressions. Find out the ratio of interactions compared to your reach. You will begin to understand how you are perceived and the willingness to engage.
- Hashtag performance – Which hashtags are people interacting with the most. Look for hashtags associated with your business that are trending.
- Sentiment – What are people saying about your campaigns, is there a negative reaction or is there something that captured people’s attention.
Looking for someone to create you a winning social media marketing strategy?
I hope this has given you a better idea about how to start out planning a winning strategy for your next social media campaign this 2019. Keep you eyes out for our next blog where we take you through how to create attention grabbing content.
If you are looking for someone to help boost your sales through an expert digital marketing campaign that will rise above the competition don’t hesitate to get in contact with us now.