One of the most difficult decisions made when you plan to build and launch a new business website is deciding on which web design company to go with. With so many web design agencies out there it can be quite a task to decide on the one for your business.
Considering the importance of a website and the fact it represents the reputation of the business and brand online it is not a decision to be made lightly. The business website can be the factor which impacts whether a person chooses to buy your product or service.
It is vital to choose a web design company that understands your business needs, can identify your problems, provide viable solutions and help you connect with your target audience. Discussed below are a few things to look at when choosing the ideal website design company for your business:
- They take the time to listen: It’s important that your web design agency takes the time to you and what your needs are for the business. Since you are the expert when it comes to your trade, it is important that the company you choose is able to listen and understand how your business operates as well as what the goals are for the future.While also being a company that listens to you, it’s equally important that they don’t just say ‘Yes’ to all your ideas but rather provide you with solutions and ideas of their own. They can give you suggestions for improvement as they are the ones who know best about web design best practices.
- CMS and Responsive design oriented: Another important factor to consider is whether the company would design a website with an inbuilt CMS, is this something they do as a standard with all their websites? The reason for asking this question is so that you are not tied down to contact them for every little update. A good web design company will keep the end user in mind and build a website with a CMS which you can then use to make minor updates to the content on the site.In addition to the CMS it’s very important to ensure that the web design company builds responsive websites. Especially in today’s mobile world, it’s an absolute necessity that business website is mobile responsive. Visitors to your website should have a good experience regardless of the device they view it on.
- They understand conversion: Depending on who your target market is and what your website aims to achieve, there are always underlying business goal. This is usually to sell your product or services to new and old customers. In order to do this your website has to incorporate certain design features that will assist potential customers in making the final step towards a sale. Its therefore very important that your website design company understands conversion and how to achieve it based on your target market. An example of conversion optimisation is using the right call to actions at the right time.
- They have a marketing department: Digital Marketing and Website Design go hand in hand, working with a web design agency without a marketing department is like trying to drive a car without an engine. It can potentially look great, but wouldn’t go anywhere. Its important that the company you work with is not just a web designer but an online business solutions provider, who can guide you through website design down to digital marketing. They must have experience in building an online presence and reputation for a business through the use of varying strategies. This is what will ultimately lead to success of your website and increased revenue for your business.
- They have a proven track record: Ensure that the company you work with has done it before and can show you the work they’ve done. A good web design agency would be proud to show you the work they’ve done and the success stories as result of them. There’s no better way to tell if a company is good at what they do than to look at the work they’ve accomplished so far. Speak to some of their other clients and find out what they have to say about working with this agency.
If you look into the above points, you will no doubt end up with a quality professional web design agency that can provide you with the best solutions for your business.